You are the TOWER in the tower defense
In a top-secret research facility AI has finally gone rogue – the Singularity has happened. Only highly adaptable automated sentry turrets stand between the outside world and a horde of angry machines.
What is A Turret’s Life?
A Turret’s Life is a single-player first person tower defense game for PC and VR currently under development with fast-paced gameplay and deck-building inspired features, where the player takes control of an automated sentry turret to defend the facility against endless waves of attacking robots. The player gains resources which they use to collect powerful modules for their turret and even concoct crazy bullet designs of their wildest combinations; better yet, all of the game items are backed by cryptocurrency meaning players can trade or sell these items for actual value.
At its core, the game seeks to answer these two questions:
- What happens when players are given the freedom to customize with few constraints?
- What happens when game items have real-world value?
A Turret’s Life is in very early development (Milestone 1), so content and media is quite limited right now. It is being developed by a solo developer juggling life between a full-time job, so all support and patience is appreciated :)!
Below are the planned final features.
Join in the Cryptocurrency gold-rush without the risk or hassle, just by playing a game! Every item from the score to guns to the turret is backed by Enjin Coin – a state of the art cryptocurrency that allows the player to actually own their game items and gives them a dollar value that can be traded or sold.
- Every item you own is stored on the Enjin Blockchain. This means each item exists outside of the game, giving it real sought-after value as each item has different rarities and values, and can be traded externally from the game – just like real-life trading cards!
- Melt down any item to convert it into ENJ Coin, which can then be traded in external marketplaces for $.
If you have the Modules you can make it – even if it breaks the game! Shape your turret by swapping out various Modules you’ve collected, and adding an endless amount of stat boosts to maximize its performance!
- The way you choose your modules matters. Modules will have an effect on each other’s stats.
- There is a tradeoff between your bullet’s damage, aerodynamics, speed, armor-piercing, and mass. These stats are further compounded by your turret’s gun barrels and even the stand itself!
No Hard Limits
- No artificial limits or caps to prevent you from adding Modules or improving stats. You are only limited by your available Modules of course!
- If you worked hard enough and managed to build an overpowered turret, then you earned it.
With endless customization combinations plus procedurally generated levels filled with numerous enemy types, every experience is unique.
- Swap out various modules on your turret and add powerful stat boosts to create unimaginable and unplanned combinations!
- As you progress through the game, the Waves become more difficult, giving you a constant challenge.
- Each level is generated taking into account what enemies to spawn, the placement of the objective, and the design of the corridor layout.
- No Wave/Level cap. See how far you can go!
I am a solo developer, trying to balance my day job with the joy of creating games. I love the concepts of player customization and procedural creation, and the craziness that they can bring! It is my hope create A Turret’s Life as a game that invokes the childhood nostalgia of arcade shooters and merges it with modern additions of crypto backed assets and the immersive experience of virtual reality.
Have a question, suggestions for the game, or just want to say hello? Shoot us an email! Or if you want to know our journey more, take a look at our development blog for the story on the game's creation, and the torments and joys it's put us through.